HR Advice & Guidance
HR Advice and Guidance comes in many shapes and sizes but in our view it should always:
- Be straightforward
- Clearly identify the pro’s and con’s (risks and opportunities)
- Be consistent with your organisation’s culture
- Come with a clear recommendation
You may need some ad-hoc advice on a specific issue, such as:
- How to handle a flexible working request
- What to do if a member of your team announces at short notice that they are travelling abroad to visit family to deal with an emergency.
You may need advice on a broader issue that has HR implications, such as:
- A company restructure resulting in redundancies
- A new product launch that needs a sales team recruiting and a commission scheme designing
- A new business start-up that needs to ensure all the necessary foundations are in place to ensure compliance with your employer obligations.
Or you may want the comfort and assurance of having on-demand HR advice and guidance available whenever you need it. This is available through our HR Maintain and HR Develop packages.
Whatever you need, we have the experience and expertise to guide you through those tricky workplace situations, not only helping you to avoid problems and resolve conflict, but also plan and prepare on a proactive basis for growth and change in your organisation.
What People Want To Know
What is HR Advice and Guidance?
HR advice ensures you comply with your legal obligations, helps you identify and mitigate risks and should always be based on your culture, to ensure it is aligned with needs of your organisation. We believe the best HR advice is proactive to help you set-up for success, rather than dealing reactively with problems.
HR and COVID-19 – What you need to know
The coronavirus pandemic has brought HR to the top of most organisations’ agenda. From furlough and homeworking, to employee safety and wellbeing, Covid-19 has turned the workplace on its head. The rhythms and processes of leadership and management have changed and we high an increased reliance on technology. Look at our Remote Working Hub for more useful information
What HR Advice and Guidance do employers need?
- Recruiting and retaining the best people for your organisation
- Welcoming new starters into your organisation to help them settle into their new job
- Managing (preferably preventing) disputes through transparent and fair practices
- Documenting expectations and ‘the rules’
- Getting the best out of people by setting clear expectations, supporting their performance, communicating effectively and giving their work purpose
- Developing your people to help them learn and grow
- Managing pay and benefits
- Using HR data and analytics
- Implementing HR Information Systems
What are the 10 major HR activities?
- Recruitment and Selection
- Onboarding and Induction Employer/Employee Relations
- HR Policies and Documentation
- Managing Performance
- Learning and Development
- Employee Engagement and Communication
- Pay and Benefits
- HR Data and Analytics
- HR Information Systems
Not What You're Looking For?
Our customers are also interested in:
What We've Written
Petaurum HR has had a very successful month in May! From winning TWO awards to continued delivery of first-class services to our...
We're delighted to receive this recognition from the SME News UK Enterprise Awards for our work (again!) with the award of HR Consultancy...
As a leader, you know that having effective management skills in place is crucial to your company's success. But what exactly are...