Does your business have exciting plans for growth? Do you need to change direction or downsize? Are you bidding for new contracts or are you at risk of not renewing a current contract? Are you getting the best performance and productivity from your team?
We believe that successful companies are made-up of strong leadership, supported by engaged teams of people who are inspired and motivated to deliver great results. This success is built upon a bedrock of high-quality, sustainable people practices, that provide our clients with a scalable platform for the future.
How Can We Help?
Whether you need specialist HR capabilities or additional HR capacity to deliver a project or provide a specialist HR service, our Highly Trained Professional Team of Experts are available at a fixed fee, day rate or retainer basis depending on your needs.
Whether you need a Fully Comprehensive People Strategy, a single elementary component, or you have a specific HR project, we can use the experience and knowledge developed through 90 years of combined HR practice to diagnose, design and implement a solution tailored to your specific circumstance. This will leave you with more time to invest in doing what you do best – Running Your Business.
By sharing our expertise, we create a structured and joined-up framework of people processes, ensuring alignment with our clients’ business objectives and aspirations. This framework includes:
- Values and Behaviours – Setting out clearly expectations of the behaviours required from every employee.
- Workforce Planning – Linking business demands with resource requirements to ensure you have the right people in the right place at the right time.
- Performance and Development – Creating and maintaining a high-performance culture.
- Reward and Recognition – The way your people are rewarded and recognised for their performance.
- Communication and Engagement – Ensuring everyone in your company receives clear and timely information and has a voice to feedback.
You can trust in our extensive experience and expertise, but don’t just take our word for it, here are some of the success projects we’ve delivered for our clients.
- Restructuring / Redundancy – If you need to ‘Downsize’, whether that encompasses a single post or an entire team, we’ll help you plan, communicate the news, ensure you meet all your legal obligations and manage the risks. We’ll do this with you, not to you, as it’s essential to minimise the disruption to your business.
- Changing Contracts – There are times when you might need to vary, or even completely change the contracts of employment for the people within your business. No matter how large or small the change, it is essential to follow a robust consultation process, which we will guide you through step-by-step.
- TUPE – Whether you are bidding, transitioning, delivering a contract or perhaps buying or selling a business – it is highly likely that the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations will apply. We have a specialised expertise and an impressive track record in handling highly complex TUPE matters, having gained extensive experience whilst working with a number of different organisations. These organisations operated in a diverse range of industries such as local and central government, professional membership bodies and media. This experience has included TUPE transfers of:
- 1 – 1,000 People at any Time.
- Single or Multiple Transfer Dates.
- Public to Private, Private to Public, Private to Private.
- Transfers into Joint Ventures and SPV’s.
Read our TUPE Case Study here.
Workforce and Succession Planning: Putting the right people, across the business, in the right jobs and doing the right things at the right time doesn’t happen by accident. You will need an effective plan, founded on clear objectives and a set of ordered processes to ensure you are set up for success. We can design this for you and ensure the plan aligns with your business aims and aspirations.
Performance Management: If leaders in your business need some help with team engagement, wanting to inspire and motivate them into delivering great results, then let us help. We will design the framework and processes, train management and communicate these changes clearly to your team. Equally, those individual who aren’t meeting your expectations need to be managed in a fair, practical and robust way.
Organisational Change: Changes to your Strategies, Processes, Procedures and Technologies will not be sustainable if you do not consider the impact these changes will have on your team. How will you address these changes to your people, what do these changes mean for them collectively and individually, how will you support them through the change, will they need training and what will be the impact on your company culture; these are just several of the topics that will need to be considered and planned for. By relying on our expertise we will ensure an effective diagnosis, design and implementation of all the steps necessary to form a solution for you and your business.
Salary Sacrifice: We have extensive expertise in implementing HMRC Approved Salary Sacrifice Schemes. These are an arrangement when an employee agrees to in exchange for part of their salary converting into extra benefits (such as child care vouchers, a company car and additional pension contributions). In return, the employee pays less tax and NI whilst the employer saves on their NI contributions.
Change to Pay Processes: If you currently pay your staff weekly or fortnightly, imagine how much more efficient it would be to move to a monthly pay cycle. Sounds easy, but to implement such a change successfully requires careful planning, precise implementation and frequent lines of transparent communication, in additional to ticking all of the legal requirements! We can guide you through this complex process.
Mediation: Anyone who manages a workforce will have experienced some conflict at some point. We have trained mediators who can work with your most challenging working relationships, often able to resolve the issue early by facilitating a meeting between the team members, but for more deep rooted conflict, formal mediation has a very high success rate.